Dripping faucets, cracked grout, aged door and window seals, and small leaks. They’re just a few of the maintenance issues you face as a homeowner. And they tend to pile up quickly as you try to balance a busy work life with spending time together as a family.
A preventative home maintenance plan may be just what you need to stay on top of structural upkeep, HVAC systems, gutter cleaning, and roof issues.
Maintenance for Every Season
Spring, summer, fall, and winter – each season has its own checklist of routine home maintenance tasks.
- Spring tasks include turning exterior faucets back on, removing storm windows, checking hoses and nozzles for leaks, inspecting the gutters, cleaning exhaust vents, and general exterior cleanup.
- Summer’s the time for cleaning and adjusting ceiling fans, checking and tightening fastening on decks and railings, seal concrete cracks, inspecting the roof, and checking for erosion around the house.
- Fall is the season for cleaning gutters, checking them for any damage. Trapped leaves can lead to water overflowing, so clearing them out before the rain and snow arrive minimizes water damage to your home’s structure and prolongs the life of the gutters. Other tasks include doing a thorough exterior inspection of the roof and windows, sealing any gaps to keep out weather and critters! It’s also a good time to conduct an energy audit, clean out the dryer vents, and schedule a chimney sweep.
- Winter tasks are focused indoors. Now’s the time to check that your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors are in good working order. To prevent them from freezing, pipes in unheated areas should be insulated. Does your home have a sump pump? It will help keep your basement nice and dry during the winter, so you want to make sure it’s working properly. Now’s also a good time to inspect your home’s insulation.
Do I Need a Home Maintenance Service?
Not everyone needs a home maintenance service, but if you don’t have the time, skills, or desire to complete routine chores, having J.T. McDermott Remodeling handle these tasks for you can be a smart decision. Another thing to think about: if you make a living with your hands and/or time, having someone else who’s skilled in maintenance may be the way to go. Can you afford a hand injury or hours lost to repairing drywall, checking for leaks, or testing GFCIs?
Look at using a professional home maintenance service as giving yourself the luxury of time. Instead of tightening loose screws and flushing the hot water heater, why not spend your weekends doing something fun with the family? A home maintenance plan lets you stay on top of small things that, left unchecked or repaired, can turn into big deals.
The benefits of a home maintenance service with J.T. McDermott are significant:
- Your home’s systems operate better and with increased efficiency.
- You maximize the life of the utilities by reducing the chance of a breakdown.
- Overall maintenance costs are lowered because small issues are promptly dealt with.
- Your home’s value may be increased by preventing serious structural damage.
The biggest benefit of all? You already know us! We consider you a part of our family and having worked with us, hope you feel the same way. We treat your home as if it were our own, and work around your schedule.
Simple home maintenance and repair work done on a regular basis helps prevent more costly repairs later and makes your home more beautiful, livable, and comfortable. J.T. McDermott can evaluate your home’s maintenance needs and prepare a checklist and plan specifically designed for your home and budget. To learn more about this valuable service, get in touch with us today. We look forward to helping you kick back and relax!
For Josh, it’s always been about relationships. As J.T. McDermott’s 2nd generation owner, he believes nothing matters more than the enduring friendships that are built with the homeowners he serves. “If I can help both our clients grow and the team grow, everything else will take care of itself.”