Not much can compare to the thrill of your first home renovation. Emotions are running high, and you’re functioning on coffee and a dream. You’re turning your space into the home you’ve always hoped for, but boy, does it come with its share of ups and downs.
Remodeling Project Ups and Downs
While extremely rewarding, a home remodel can also be a deeply stressful, chaotic, and overwhelming.
If this is your first-ever remodel, there’s the added pressure of the unknown. You just don’t know what to expect. Sure, you can do your research and make a dozen lists, but no matter how well you plan, it’s almost certain something will go off the rails.
But, although the sailing is not always smooth, in the end we know you’ll be over the moon. In the meantime, it’s about finding your sea legs and weathering the storm.
Things We’ve Overheard During Home Remodels
We’ve compiled a list of some of the thoughts and emotions you might experience during your remodel – the good, the bad, and the ROFL funny! Check it out:
- I can’t wait to get a new kitchen! And a new laundry room! And a new master bathroom! And a…
- I looked online and found a list of the ten most highly recommended contractors within a 200-mile radius. Which one should we choose?
- Our contractor isn’t like other contractors. He’s a cool contractor.
- This is the most incredible design I have ever seen. Genius. Remarkable. Showstopping.
- Love this, love that, love the other thing over there!
- Ah, the price is a little steeper than I first thought.
- But it’s worth it, right?
- Wait. Where’s that wall? OMG! Oh yeah, that’s what I wanted.
- Gettin’ ‘er done. We are the lords of efficiency. We are the KINGS of this castle.
- I will not cook a single thing for the next three months. There has never been a better excuse to order takeout, and I intend to milk it for as long as I can.
- Ew. What is that? What do you mean I picked it out?
- Is that a slight deviation from the plan? Unacceptable!!!
- Decision making is exhausting! Can someone else make the choices, please?
- If I have to eat one more freakin’ bowl of Cheerios, I might scream.
- Er, that is not the price I was originally quoted.
- I think we can get the marble countertop if we send the kids to public school.
- I am a god of style. I should become an interior designer.
- How much longer is this going to take?
- The noise, oh my god, the noise!
- Everything in my home is coated in a fine layer of powder that I will be vacuuming up for three months.
- My contractor is now public enemy number one (of course, nobody’s ever said that about us).
- Okay, maybe I was overreacting a bit when I said that about the contractor.
- I cannot wait until this is over!
- This was a mistake. We should never have started.
- I need coffee.
- I hope whoever owns this house after us appreciates all our hard work.
- I’m so tired I could cry.
- The kids better keep this place sparkling clean once this is all over.
- It’s almost done.
- It’s allllllllmost dooooooooooooone!
- It’s done, I can’t believe it’s done.
- It’s perfect. All the effort was worth it.
- My home is my sanctuary.
- I love it.
- I’m so glad we did this.
Choose Wisely, And Your Remodel Will Bring You Great Joy
In reality, the decision to remodel your home is a big one. You’ll want the best in the business working alongside you when you embark on this journey. If you, too, find yourself asking, “which contractor should I choose?” then look no further than J.T. McDermott Remodeling.
McDermott has proudly served the greater St. Louis area for more than 25 years. To assure you of the best possible experience, you need a team that understands how to give you exactly what you’re looking for. We know that a successful remodel is all about collaboration. Ultimately, our goal is to make the process as stress-free as possible.
When it comes to bringing your renovation dream to life, you want the results without the hassle. That’s why it’s essential to choose a contractor that understands your vision. Our team takes into account your wants, needs, and restrictions. We have a long history of quality service, and we’d be thrilled to show you what we’re all about. Reach out today to get started on the remodel of your dreams.
For Josh, it’s always been about relationships. As J.T. McDermott’s 2nd generation owner, he believes nothing matters more than the enduring friendships that are built with the homeowners he serves. “If I can help both our clients grow and the team grow, everything else will take care of itself.”